Friday, October 30, 2009

Best Day of the Year!


Chocolate, bubble gum, lolli pops, and more. The best part about Halloween is the costumes, the friends, and candy. I trick-or-treat for hours, until I can't feel my feet and I have cleaned out every house in the neighborhood. After a long nights work, my friends and I head down to park for cider and donuts. We grab our food and walk across the leave coated ground to the giant bonfire, which took weeks to gather wood for.




I talk with my family and friends, and meet some new people from the neighborhood. Then my friends and I meet up with my cousin, Nathan, and his friends at the fire. The park is crowded and after 10 minutes of standing in front of the fire I need to get away from the heat. We go to the swing set and sit. We trade candy and talk about peoples costumes.




After a while of talking we go out for some last minute candy gathering. We hit all the major "must go to" house and start our walk across the neighborhood to Nathans house. There we meet up with the rest of my family. We eat more sweets and go down stairs to the candy filled pinata. We go in the order from youngest to oldest and as usual, the pinata is down before my turn comes. The older kids just stand there while the younger ones fight for the candy. Our parents saved some of the candy for us older kids, so that the younger ones would get a chance to retrieve some of the pinata candy.




When we're done socializing my friends and I go back to my house to eat our candy and watch scary movies. We watch all the classic horror films and some of the new ones. We all hide under the blankets when the scary parts come on and our screams cause my dad to come down stairs and remind us that my little brother was sleeping. We stay up half the night watching Halloween episodes on t.v. and Degrassi. We then go on our separate sides of the room and sort our candy. We see who has the most candy, the least candy, the best candy, and the worst candy. Then we talk about our favorite candies and ideas for what we want to dress up as next year.


Finally we start to get tired from walking around Coventry Gardens all night and settle into bed for the night. After an hour of trying to fall asleep I finally dozed off, dreaming of next years Halloween.


6 comments:

  1. You did a great job writing your blog! I love the costumes and candy part of Halloween to, and it sounds like you have a lot of fun on Halloween! I was also at the Coventry Gardens bonfire! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia i can greatly relate to this for some reason. It must be that i sort candy to and trick or treat in coventry gardens. Our halloween celerbrations have alot in common. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christmas is the best day of the year because you get presents and it is basically the only time I see my uncle that lives in Ohio and I see my whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julia, your Halloween sounds a lot like mine! Except I didn't trick or treat in Coventry Gardens, I did stay up really late sorting and eatign candy as well as watching scary movies with friends! I really liked your blog, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julia, this was well written. I really liked your opening paragraph and how you listed out different types of candy in the first sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Halloween too, I'm mostly excited for Christmas because I love the feel & excitment everyone has!

    ReplyDelete